We are user supported and some of our links are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a qualifying purchase.
Building your own ladderball game is an easy afternoon project and you will have a product that is much better built than the ones you can buy in the store. If you buy everything new the cost is about the same as the retail product, but the quality is much higher and will last you for years. The wood frame is lightweight and portable but still rigid for good gameplay and the PVC rungs are friction-fit for easy disassembly and storage. You can even pick your colors and paint scheme to match your favorite sports team – perfect for tailgating or that backyard BBQ on game day!
Be sure to take proper safety precautions at all times, including wearing eye protection.
Material List for one ladder
(1) 8-foot board of 1×4 wood
(1) 6-foot board of 1×4 wood
(4) rigid corner braces
(1) 35-piece box of Spax 8 by 3/4in pan head screws
(6) 3/4 PVC caps (slip caps, not threaded)
(3) 2 foot sections of 3/4 schedule 40 PVC (either buy pre-cut sections or buy a long section and cut it)
(6) 1/4 x 1-1/4 carriage bolts and matching lock nuts
Material List for two sets of bolos
(6) golf balls of the same color
(6) golf balls of a different color
(2) 5-foot sections of paracord
1/4-inch drill bit
7/32-inch drill bit
Phillips screw driver
Large pliers or channel lock