We are user supported and some of our links are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a qualifying purchase.
There are many how-to projects listed online with instructions to build a flying crank ghost, but the recommended motor is relatively expensive at approximately $60. We set out to build a flying crank ghost where all parts would be less than the cost of the motor itself – the video shows the result – keep reading to see how we did it.
- windshield wiper motor – $16.50 online
- computer power supply – free
- aluminum angle iron – $8.99 big box store
- flat black spray paint – $1.18 big box store
- styrofoam mannequin head – $3.50 online
- 24″ blacklight – $15.99 electronics store
- cheesecloth – $1.99 discount store
- RIT fabric dye – $1.49 discount store
- wire clothes hangers – free
- 2 red LEDs – $2.99 online
- LED fader $11.95
- fishing line – $4.50
- assorted nuts, washers and bolts – $3